CFR 150.1105 is a steam locomotive of type 1E-h2, which is part of the German DR-52 series. Some locos from the DR-52 series (including CFR 150.1105, former DR 52.196) were given to Romania by the Soviet Union after the Second World War (between 1949 and 1950) as war damage compensation. Built by BMAG Schwartzkopf, it is the strongest locomotive used in Romania for pulling heavy trains on steep grades. Retired from regular service only in 1988, it was used many years after for pulling nostalgic trains. Today it is out of service, because the boiler's usage certification has expired. It is being displayed at the Sibiu steam locomotive museum. The locomotive has a special boat-shaped tender made of steel. It was created this way so that the bullets would glance off it and the water supplies would remain intact. Most of the 150.1000 series locomotives were rented by CFR from DR (Deutsche Reischbahn). They were a bit different from the original locos of the series because they had to be built fast and they were required to be serviceable easily.
ID: CFR 150.1105
Wheel arrangement: 2-10-0
Builder: BMAG - Schwartzkopf
Top speed: 80 km/h
Gauge: Standard (1435 mm)
Location: Sibiu, Romania (steam locomotive museum)
The locomotive was completely retired from service only a few years ago and is in a fairly good shape.